Who We Are
We strive to improve the lives of women and children in the community.
Sung Foundation (SUFOD) is a local NGO operating in the Northern Region of Ghana. SUFOD has its head office located in Sagnarigu District at Garizegu in the Northern Region of Ghana. SUFOD currently operates in 8 districts in the northern region namely, Tolon, Kumbugu, Sagnarigu, Savelugu, Mion, Salaga, Yendi and in the Tamale Metropolis. Sung Foundation is women-led organization established by women, for women and girls, orphans, children with disabilities and generally marginalized people in the operational communities.
The organization was established in 2010 and formally registered with the Registrar Generals department in 2013 by a group of women led by Hajia Fati Seidu Tambro with the aim of Empowering and reducing poverty among women and children in society.
SUNG FOUNDATION PAST ACHIEVEMENTS
- Trained 135 volunteers and 20 field officers on VSLA
- Trained approximately 5000 women on VSLA across 8 districts
- SUFOD organized capacity building training for 1000 women into rice milling, Shea butter processing, Shea nut pickers and petty traders.
- Trained women in the formal sector on Gender Mainstreaming, Power Cube and Organizing
- SUFOD Trained 500 young women on sexual reproduction.
- In collaboration with department of gender sensitized and screened 2000 women on breast and cervical cancer.
- SUFOD in partnership with USAID-ADVANCE ,Trained about 12,625 of ADVANCE farmer groups on VSLA